Ceramic Braces – Roswell, GA
A Clearer Way to a Straighter Smile
Dr. Podray-Donovan and her team of experts at Pop Braces know metal brackets and wires aren’t for everyone. Whether it is a self-conscious teenager, busy professional, or someone who simply prefers to avoid a shiny metal spotlight on their teeth, ceramic braces are a great alternative for orthodontic treatment. As a family orthodontist in Roswell, Dr. Podray-Donovan can recommend ceramic braces for children, teens, and adults, delivering beautiful results that can last a lifetime. Contact us today to schedule an appointment and learn more about the benefits of ceramic braces.
Why Choose Pop Braces for Ceramic Braces?
- A Trusted Orthodontist with Nearly 10 Years of Experience
- Dental Insurance Welcome and Flexible Financing Available
- Free Consultations Available
What Are Ceramic Braces?
Ceramic braces in Roswell are much like traditional metal brackets and wires except they are more aesthetically pleasing. Instead of relying on bright, shiny metal to move your teeth, your brackets and wire will be clear or tooth-colored, allowing them to blend more seamlessly into your smile, making them significantly less noticeable to others.
What is the Process?
Patients who opt for ceramic braces can expect to undergo the same process as they would with traditional braces. Dr. Podray-Donovan will examine your smile and determine if orthodontics is necessary. If you have crooked, overcrowded, or gapped teeth, or a misaligned bite, there is a good chance you will be recommended for treatment. Whether you choose traditional braces or ceramic ones is up to you.
Your orthodontist will then bond the brackets to your teeth before threading an arch wire along the row of teeth to allow for gentle pressure to be applied. This will help to move your teeth in the right direction throughout treatment.
Over time, your wire will be tightened and adjusted to ensure everything moves smoothly and you end up with a straighter, more beautiful smile by the time you finish treatment.
Ceramic vs. Traditional Braces: What Are the Benefits?
If you’re wondering what advantages exist when choosing ceramic versus traditional braces, you’ll be pleased to discover that clear/ceramic braces:
- Offer a subtle approach to orthodontic treatment. Instead of compromising your daily appearance with bulky, shiny metal, you can feel more comfortable wearing ceramic braces that don’t shine a spotlight on your smile.
- Oftentimes have smoother brackets, making it less likely you’ll experience irritation to your soft oral tissues (i.e., gums, lips, tongue, cheeks). While you may experience some minor rubbing in the beginning, dental wax can help to mitigate the problem, allowing your mouth to fully adjust to your new fixtures.
- Are suitable for patients of all ages, which means you and your child can enjoy the benefits of ceramic braces!
- Are extremely versatile at correcting overcrowding, gapped teeth, overbites, underbites, crossbites, open bites, dental midlines, and more.